Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2013 Presidential Inaugural Celebrations



Truly enjoyed being part of the inauguration festivities, both the inauguration itself and the balls later that night. Was great to be part of history for the second time. I would say the "happy feel" was muted comparing to 4 years earlier, however there was still a bit of magic in the air. 


One of the highlights of my day was meeting my twin. Yes, my long lost twin.  As we walked towards the National Mall to find a location to camp out and watch the swearing in, BOOM, Dakota and I found each other. Same color, texture & style -- in the form of a dog. Our meeting was a blissful joy. As I crouched down to take a photo, Dakota gave me a HUGE lick across the face, which is why I was turning my head away in the photo. This made my day complete. Heck-- it made my life complete ;).


Moments after parting ways with Dakota, an anchor from PBS stopped us to get a sound bite about our feelings about the Inauguration. I went on a tangent about US Foreign Policy and the role of the US in the Middle East, expectations of the international community, etc, however, as expected, it got edited to remove all the "juicy stuff."  Here is a link to the interview that appeared as part of PBS NEWSHOUR with Ray Suarez: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/white_house/jan-june13/mallview_01-21.html



My sweet nephew Adam braved through the cold (well he didn't really have a choice, but was such a good sport through it all) to watch the Swearing-in and the Inaugural Parade. My dear friends bought him some hot chocolate to warm his heart.


The night ended with a few balls. We attended the 2013 Ambassadors Inaugural Ball hosted at the National Gallery Museum then an Inaugural Celebration at the famed Cafe Milano in Georgetown. All in all, was a fun day filled with dynamic activities spent with dear friends and my loving little nephew who brought so much life, laughter and cute smiles to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment