Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I have not been good about keeping up with these daily.

2013 Daily Inspirational Quote # 14. Photo was taken in Al-Suwaidi, Oman. This sole lonely tree, growing out of the sand, provided shade for some goats protecting them from the scorching Omani heat. Reminded me of the Chinese Proverb -- plant firm foundations for future generations to benefit. They will be thankful!




2013 Daily Inspirational Quote #20 - Dedicated to my mother on her birthday. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother and teaching me the meaning of unconditional love.

Love you mommy Suzanne Rinno Barmada! Happy birthday.

Photo taken in Nepal 2011 while trekking.

 


 2013 Daily Inspirational Quote # 15. Saw the quote on a bulletin board at Howard University when meeting with Dr. Sulayman S. Nyang a few years ago where we spoke about human rights, civil-liberties and activism. I found the Libyan proverb to be very profound at the time and jotted it down in my notebook. Months later, it became even more fitting in light of the "Arab Spring".

Photo taken in 2011 during a desert excursion in the Sahara Desert with Tabassum Rahman in Morocco.


No comments:

Post a Comment